Coaches are always needed and welcome!
If you have track experience or just enjoy the sport, please come out! No experience required. Currently, we are looking for those of you who have expertise in Hurdles, High Jump and Throws.
The USATF Registered Coaches Program was conceived to establish a set of standards for all coaches affiliated with USA Track & Field. The program involves a four-pronged process, which results in a published list of coaches who have demonstrated the ethics, honesty and trustworthiness necessary for endorsement by the national governing body. The centerpiece of the process is a comprehensive Safe Sport Handbook which focuses on only the highest ethical and honorable standards. Registered Coaches also carry with them the rights and privileges available only to those within the registry. These benefits may include:
- Discounts for premier seminars and coaching education programs
- Registered Coach credential at USA National Championships
- Selection to international team staffs
- Selection for Coaching Enhancement Grants
- Involvement in USATF High Performance Programs
- Compensation from USATF or USOC athlete support programs
To become registered a coach must complete the application process which includes the steps outlined below.
- Be a current USATF member
- Pass the USATF background screen (must be completed yearly)
- Complete USOC SafeSport course* (must be completed every 2 years)
- Accept and adhere to the SafeSport Handbook
- List current coaching affiliation in the application process
For 2017, Coaches and Volunteers must have a Current USATF membership, background check, BBGC background check and Safe Sport completed. Please note that beginning in 2018 the new USATF requirement for coaches is that all coaches must be USATF Level 1 or higher certified. See the USATF website for additional information: http://www.usatf.org/Resources-for---/Coaches/Coaching-Education/One-Box.aspx
*Must be the full length (90 minute) version of the SafeSport course to receive completion credit. The SafeSport Parent and SafeSport Refresher courses will not be accepted. Please be sure to add your USATF Membership number by selecting "USA Track and Field" under "Memberships" on the Safe Sport Training website to receive credit for your completion.